The trials and tribulations of a self-published steampunk writer

Friday 15 August 2014

Here we go again...


My new book, Titan's Fire, is available now on Amazon for Kindle. The print version should be up in a couple of days as well.

This one was hard work - maybe an author's third book is the equivalent of a band's "difficult second album"? I don't know. All I'm sure of is this took longer and was a bit more painful to pull together than either Red Mercury or Neptune Rising.

However, my lovely beta readers have all said the same - they think it's the best thing I've written yet, more complex and ambitious than the previous two, with a smoother and more flowing style. Who am I to argue with such lovely feedback - even if it was buried amid other criticism that meant three months of rewriting!

So, if you fancy a good old-fashioned adventure with a dash of steam-driven science-fiction, you should give Titan's Fire a go. It's in the same series as my previous books, but there's no real requirement to read them in any particular order. If you do try it out, I'd love to hear what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in for all three. Maybe I'll cover your chip bill for a particular Thursday in September!

    ReplyDelete